On September 20, 2011, SERDP released a new solicitation for the Defense Coastal/Estuarine Research Program (DCERP). SERDP requested proposals to perform fundamental ecological research on estuarine, coastal, and associated terrestrial ecosystems that are necessary to sustain military readiness. The desired outcome of the requested research is to: (1) understand the effects of military activities and infrastructure on these ecosystems and (2) support their sustainable and adaptive management.
The DCERP is an existing SERDP program that involves the execution of ecological research within the context of military land and other resource use. DCERP has been executed since late 2006 at Marine Corp Base (MCB) Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. This call for research proposals is intended to fund a new DCERP effort for a period of five years and also provide new thematic directions to guide the research effort. Information on the extant DCERP effort can be found via the links below. Proposals were due January 5, 2012.
The solicitation detailed here is now closed.These links provide archived material for informational purposes only.
- Executive Working Group Call for Proposals Memorandum
- Instructions for Federal Proposal Preparation and Submission
- Broad Agency Announcement
- Instructions for Private Sector Proposal Preparation and Submission
- Small Business Participation Plan (in Word) – Form required for Appendix D of BAA proposal submissions
General Information for all Submissions
- Cost Spreadsheet Template (in Excel)
- Cost by Task Template (in Excel)
- Frequently Asked Questions about the DCERP Solicitation (Added 11-1-11)
DCERP Reference Files
- DCERP Meta Data
- Technical Report – Baseline Monitoring Plan
- Technical Report – Strategic Plan
- Technical Report – Research Plan
- Technical Report – Executive Summary for Annual Report 2007
- Technical Report – Executive Summary for Annual Report 2008
- Technical Report – Executive Summary for Annual Report 2009
- Technical Report – Executive Summary for Annual Report 2010