ESTCP FY 2022 New Start Projects
Environmental Restoration (ER) Program Area
The following projects were selected for funding to demonstrate and validate treatment technologies for materials laden with per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). Additional information on individual projects can be found by clicking the project title.
- Bench-Scale Evaluation of Supercritical Water Oxidation (SCWO) to Destroy PFAS in Aqueous Investigation-Derived Waste (IDW) and Complex Waste Streams
- Lead Investigator: Ramona Iery, NAVFAC EXWC
- Management and Mitigation of PFAS Leaching from Concrete
- Lead Investigator: Stephanie Fiorenza, Arcadis US, Inc.
- Photoactivated Reductive Defluorination PFAS Destruction
- Lead Investigator: Denise Kay, Enspired Solutions
- Demonstration-Scale Evaluation of a Novel Surface-Modified Clay Adsorbent: Comparison of Fluoro-sorb, GAC, and IX Resin for the Removal of PFAS and Co-Occurring Chemicals in Groundwater
- Lead Investigator: Christopher Bellona, Colorado School of Mines
- Demonstration of a Prototype Continuous Hydrothermal Alkaline Treatment (HALT) System for DoD-Relevant, PFAS-Impacted Matrices
- Lead Investigator: Brian Pinkard, Aquagga