Conferences & Workshops
SERDP and ESTCP convene workshops of experts from academia, industry, and the military Services to examine the current state of the science and engineering on specific environmental problems. These workshops identify gaps in knowledge and technology and prioritize these gaps in light of DoD needs to determine where investments in RDT&E could have the greatest impact on DoD’s ability to address its environmental requirements. Results of these workshops guide investment decisions.
Throughout the year, SERDP and ESTCP also support and participate in various technical conferences that align with their mission and areas of emphasis.
- Jun 6
- Webinar: Developing and Demonstrating Non-Toxic and Sustainable Coating Systems for Military Platforms
- Jun 20
- Webinar: Developing Adaptation Strategies to Address Climate Change and Uncertainty
- Jul 11
- Webinar: Vapor Intrusion: Modeling Tools and Cost Effective Mitigation
- Jul 25
- Webinar: Installation Energy and Water
- Aug 8
- Webinar: Understanding Underwater Munitions Mobility and Behavior on the Beach Face and in Shallow Muddy Environments
- Aug 22
- Webinar: Pacific Island Ecology and Management: Recovery of Native Plant Communities
- Sep 5
- Webinar: Environmental Restoration
- Sep 19
- Webinar: Life Cycle Assessment and Developmental Environment Safety and Occupational Health Evaluation: Tools for Sustainment and Health
Past SERDP and ESTCP Workshops
Past SERDP and ESTCP Symposiums
The Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP) and the Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP) Symposium is the nation’s largest conference focusing on DoD’s priority environmental and installation energy issues. The Symposium brings together environmental and energy researchers and technology developers with the defense end-user and regulatory communities to showcase cutting edge environmental technologies and ideas. The 2019 Symposium, held in Washington, DC, 3-5 December 2019, will offer 16 technical sessions, a number of short courses, more than 450 technical poster presentations, exhibitors from funding and partnering organizations, and a variety of networking opportunities for the more than 1,000 attendees.
This year celebrates ESTCP’s 25th year of funding innovative technology demonstrations. ESTCP’s mission has been to address DoD’s evolving environmental and installation energy requirements, improve energy security, and facilitate water conservation by funding cutting edge technology demonstrations and assisting technology transfer to the Services. The 2019 Symposium will be a chance to reflect on the accomplishments of the last 25 years and also a look forward to meeting DoD’s future environmental and installation energy challenges.
Promoting the transfer of innovative, cost-effective and sustainable solutions.
Posts highlighting research, technologies, and tools.
Schedule of events, solicitation deadlines, and training opportunities.