Evaluation of Resuspension from Dredging, Extreme Storm Events, and Propeller Wash in DoD Harbors
There is a lack of understanding on how effective contaminated sediment remedial efforts are, in both the short and long term, given various factors that cause resuspension of bottom sediments.
This project will demonstrate and validate innovative methods to quantify resuspension and recontamination potential of contaminated sediments resuspended from propeller wash and use the validated methods to evaluate and quantify the resulting effects from propeller wash on the effectiveness and stability of sediment capping. Use of these methods will lead to more informed evaluation of remedial options and improve the predictive capabilities for potential recontamination of sediment remedial sites.
Points of Contact
Dr. Pei-Fang Wang
Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR)
SERDP and ESTCP
- Fact Sheet - Brief project summary with links to related documents and points of contact.
- Final Report - Comprehensive report for every completed SERDP and ESTCP project that contains all technical results.
- Cost & Performance Report - Overview of ESTCP demonstration activities, results, and conclusions, standardized to facilitate implementation decisions.
- Technical Report - Additional interim reports, laboratory reports, demonstration reports, and technology survey reports.
- Guidance - Instructional information on technical topics such as protocols and user’s guides.
- Workshop Report - Summary of workshop discussion and findings.
- Multimedia - On demand videos, animations, and webcasts highlighting featured initiatives or technologies.
- Model/Software - Computer programs and applications available for download.
- Database - Digitally organized collection of data available to search and access.